Tuesday 18 September 2012


The good of getting old
As in everything, nothing is 100% bad or 100% good, and getting old is not an exception.
One of the “goodies” of getting old is that we have seen everything before but with different “music”. As the saying goes: “Old wolves with new faces”.
The surviving exercise consist in to get adapted to the new “music” and blatantly use our age as excuse and “jump the queue”.
We have not a chance to compete with young people but we can “abuse” them and take advantage of that “we have been already there”. When they go we have been there and back many times over, so we know “what comes next”. So we can beat them…
The other immensely great advantage of being old is that we give a damn about what other people may think about what we do or what we say. We just give as damn. Our remaining span of live is too short to lose time getting worried about the wrongs when we have not time to enjoy the enormous amount of good things that we have not enjoyed yet.
There is not any law that makes compulsory to be with us, listen to us, agree with us… If someone doesn’t like our life style, our habits, our hobbies, what we do, what we think and what we say and how we say it, just drop dead, get lost, buy a desert and get lost on it and let us alone to die in peace with ourselves. We don’t need anybody around making our last days and last moments a misery.
I do not give even a hint of explanation about what I do, what I like or what I say; so don’t ask me if you don’t want to be disappointed (or even offended…). I make mine that marvellous statement that Henry Kissinger spat just starting that famous press conference” “Who has the questions to my answers”.
And I wouldn’t care less if someone get upset because I am as I am. So what? Probably I am not going to see that someone again in my life…
"Freedom is the right to live as we wish." Epictetus (55-135), Greek philosopher
 And finally, but not last, we do not have to impress anybody anymore, not even ladies, what inferes real freedom. We just don’t care. We do what we like, not what the stupid social rules say.
I thought that I was alone, a kind of alien and yesterday, 14th of August 2012, I read on the Telegraph about what Trumpington Baroness thinks and does. Brilliant!!!! I am you most fervent admirer ma’am.
Yes… The stupid system calls these things “cynicism”. So What?

No comments:

Post a Comment